Through the California Assisted Living Waiver, services can be provided to residents in a Publicly Subsidized Housing building. Residents in these facilities often are higher functioning and do not require placement in an assisted living facility. Libertana is the only state approved home health agency to provide ALW services in Publicly Subsidized Housing buildings.
To support residents in these community settings, Libertana has on-site staff 24 hours per day to provide these services;
Provide personal care and assistance with ADLs and IADLs to meet scheduled and unscheduled needs of the ALW participants.
Assist in developing and updating ALW participants’ Individualized Service Plans (ISP) which detail, at a minimum, the frequency and timing of assistance. Participants play active roles in the development process and must sign their ISP.
Perform all necessary housekeeping tasks.
Provide three meals per day plus snacks. Food must meet minimum daily nutritional requirements and meet the participants special dietary needs prescribed by the PCP.
Wash, dry and fold laundry.
In accordance with State law, provide assistance with the administration of medications.
Provide or coordinate transportation.
Provide daily social and recreational activities.
Provide a response system that enables ALW participants to summon assistance from personal care providers
Assisted Living Waiver Program Public Subsidized Housing Facilities
Shown below is a list of the cities and zip codes in which we work with facilities of this type.If you are interested in more information about these facilities, please click here to submit an inquiry form.
- West Lancaster, CA 93534
- Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Lancaster, CA 93534
- Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Valencia, CA 91355
- Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- Los Angeles, CA 90061
- Los Angeles, CA 90013
Enhanced Care Management & Community Supports –
California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) is a state effort to create a more equitable, coordinated and person-centered approach to improving health outcomes of those impacting with complex care management needs. CalAIM targets individuals experiencing difficult life and health circumstances including;
- Individuals and families experiencing homelessness
- Children and adults who are high utilizers of healthcare facilities like emergency departments and hospitals
- Adults with serious mental illness or substance use disorder
- Adult nursing facility residents transitioning back into community living
Enhanced Care Management address both clinical and non-clinical needs through intensive coordination of health care services. Additionally, ECM enrollees will have access to Community Support services to meet social needs, including medically supportive food or housing supports.
Libertana employs Enhanced Care Managers who will arrange care and services throughout the physical, behavioral, dental, developmental and social service delivery systems. Our goal is create better access for care for ECM enrolled clients.
Available Community Support Services includes:
- Housing Transition Navigation Services
- Housing Deposits
- Housing Tenancy and Sustaining Services
- Short-Term Post Hospitalization Housing
- Recuperative Care (Medical Respite)
- Day Habilitation Programs
- Caregiver Respite Services
- Nursing Facility Transition/Diversion to Assisted Living Facilities
- Community Transition Services/Nursing Facility Transition to a Home
- Personal Care and Homemaker Services
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (Home Modifications)